Chalk Hills Campground 2013 season
Download the 2013 brochure now! (PDF).
We are STILL OPEN for the 2013 camping season - until Nov 30th!
Located just off the Menominee River, the campground is easy to get to from either Michigan or Wisconsin. It's just off MI Chalk Hill Rd on
State Rd W-2 near the Chalk Hills Dam. View the maps and get directions.
At only $17 per night($20 during November) for a site with electricity,you'll find this slice of paradise affordable.
An additional value for the 2012 season - stay 5 nights, get the sixth consecutive night for FREE. While cash
payment is preferred, checks are accepted and will follow our Check Policy.
Reservations are available at no additional charge. Call 906-639-2286 or email us
and leave your contact info and the site(s) and dates your interested in. We'll check our availability and contact you back. Parties making
reservations that are not kept may not have future reservation requests honored.
Pictures of all the sites coming soon!
What better way to define fun than camping in Michigan's Upper Peninsula at our beautifully wooded campground. If you're looking for
something a bit closer to nature you've found the right place to camp!
- Most of the sites are 50-75 feet apart from each other - no more hearing someone snoring in the next camper or tent!
- Both 30 amp and 50 amp service sites are available
- Some pull-through sites
- Drinking water is available at the registration area.
- View the campground map for details.
There are plenty of reasons to spend time here.
- Picnic tables at each site
- Two restrooms so all sites are close to one
- Large site pads for easy camper setup
- Widely spaced sites (most are 50 to 75 feet apart!)
- Nicely wooded with mature trees
- Water is pressurized, not a hand pump. Available at the registration area. No threaded connection allowed per state rules.
- Very quiet area without much road traffic
- Play area for children
- Lots of birds and small animals - even an occasional deer
- Short trail to riverfront via WE Energies land (open to public use) where you can sit by the water, walk the trail, or fish (with proper license)
- Riverview - not riverfront - so there are less water bugs or safety concerns for children
- Trail to MI Hwy K to cross the bridge to nice fishing platform that is handicap accessible (on Wisconsin side of the river)
- Two boat launches within 5 miles (one on each side of the dam)
- Wisconsin or Michigan residents only need a fishing license from their home state since the Menominee River is boundary line water.
This is a small family-run campground built on the philosophy that camping should be a fun, inexpensive way to enjoy nature with family
and friends. Improvements are constantly being made and your opinion matters to us. If you have a comment you'd like to share, please send us a quick email.
We'd like to make your time spent at Chalk Hills Campground as enjoyable as we can.